A rigorous approach to health and safety
We care about the welfare of employees and all those within our sphere of influence. Our strict H&S procedures enable us to protect workers and avoid unnecessary project delays.
BOK managers and every team member are fully trained in best H&S practice, which is systematically reviewed. We are highly proactive in this essential aspect of our daily work.
In recognition of this commitment to excellence, we have been awarded all the appropriate industry H&S certifications, including SMAS Worksafe Contractor, Safecontractor, CHAS accreditation and Achilles.
On site, nothing is more fundamental than ensuring the safety of workers, visitors and partners. Aside from the human cost is the very real cost to the bottom line, of time and expertise lost to injury or illness. BOK managers are trained in procedures that address all risk. Employees are trained in H&S competence and to avoid unsafe work practices.
BOK H&S procedures
- Mandatory site inductions for all our workers
- Regular site monitoring for compliance with current H&S practices
- Site visits for clients to reassure them of the integrity of our H&S programme
- Regular safety testing and maintenance of all site equipment
- Full personal protective equipment (PPE) for all site workers
Recognised for best practice
We also understand the need to minimise our impact on the environment by the use of sustainable work practices and management of waste. We have been awarded the ISO14001 certificate in recognition of our high environmental standards.